Tuesday 5 August 2014

BEYOND GRAINLESS: DAY 8 JOURNAL

- Please visit here to see why I'm challenging myself to live as a modern cave-woman for 21 days -

NO LABELS CHALLENGE

Today's challenge was to not eat anything that came from a packet, and I'm sorry but I failed at breakfast. My kefir yoghurt breakfast came from a jar, my pecans from a packet and my aloe vera juice from a bottle.
However, my lunch was all locally raised/picked produce. 5/10?

EXERCISE - MAXIMIZE DAILY MOVEMENT

Ways I increased movement today:

  1. I walked to work, to the gym and back home;
  2. I got myself back to the gym for a quick 'coredio' session;
  3. I went for a walk at lunchtime;
  4. My Jawbone UP told me to move every 30 minutes which I managed ...mostly.
  5. I didn't use any lifts or escalators.
This was actually a fairly typical day for me, so perhaps I'm cheating by writing this down.

SUMMARY COMMENTS

Daily energy levels 1-10: I stayed up too late last night and may have had one too many glasses of wine (oops!) so felt a bit sluggish today -3-

Hunger levels between meals 1-10: No appetite today, though this could be related to last night's sausage binge -1-

Satisfaction level with meals 1-10: Wasn't hungry for my food today -4-

Benefits noticed from primal efforts 1-10: I had a particularly good workout; just felt stronger and faster overall -7-

Struggles with primal lifestyle: I indulged a bit too much last night. I doubt cavemen ate that many fermented grapes.

Daily highlight(s): The sun was shining all day which makes everyone more cheerful and the environment a happier place.

Daily needs to improve: Not so much wine.

Success score: 3/10

Here is Day 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...