Tuesday 26 November 2013

TRIP HOME: NOVEMBER 2013

I popped home for the weekend and just wanted to remember how chilled it was!


We started the weekend by visiting my Dad's resting place. It was the first time I'd seen the plaque, which was covered with leaves from a beautiful autumnal tree.


We then drove to Corby Glen (village near Grantham, Lincolnshire) where my Mum and her husband Mick were preparing for a roast dinner. As always, my sister and I mucked in.


Leeks picked fresh from the garden.


My sister chopping garlic and ginger.




Mick decanting a 1999 vintage bottle of red from the cellar. The nicest wine I've ever tasted. EVER.


Some of Mum and Mick's wedding champagne. Y'know, to keep us going ;-)

I ate my roast dinner before I had a chance to take a photo, but I did manage to capture the failed gluten free yorkshire pudding!


Chris has since managed to create a raised Yorkshire pudding, so I'll be sharing the recipe on here for Mick soon!

Thanks for a great weekend xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...